||17 Apr 1917
||25th (County of London) Battalion (Cyclist)
|Type of Casualty:
||Died of wounds
[Soldiers Died in the Great War, 1914-1919]
Photo of Siddall T A 2nd Lt 25th London Regiment.
Source : Lloyds Bank Memorial Album.
In Memory of
Second Lieutenant T A SIDDALL
London Regiment (Cyclists)
who died age 34 on 17 April 1917
Son of John Davies Siddall and Elizabeth Siddall, of 23, Eaton Rd., Chester.
Remembered with honour
Warlincourt Halte British Cemetery, Saulty, Pas de Calais, France. Grave Ref. VII. J. 5.
Commemorated in perpetuity by
the Commonwealth War Graves Commission
Warlincourt Halte British Cemetery, Saulty, Pas de Calais, France.
The site of the cemetery was chosen in May 1916. It was used from June
1916 to May 1917 by the 20th and 43rd Casualty Clearing Stations, in
February 1917 by the 1/1st
, and from April to June 1917 by the 32nd. The whole of plots VII, VIII,
IX and X were filled in April and May 1917, the months of the Battles of
Arras. From June 1917, the cemetery was practically unused until the
fighting of May and June 1918, when field ambulances buried in it. After
the Armistice the cemetery was increased by graves brought in from the
following small military cemeteries:- Gaudiempre Military Cemetery, which
contained 33 British graves, and lay on the South-East side of the village
of Guadiempre near the road to St. Amand. It was used from June 1916, to
April 1918, chiefly by the Field Ambulances of the Divisions in the
sector. Couturelle Communal Cemetery Extensions, which contained 10
British graves. It was East of the village, on the South side of the road
to Gombremetz. It was used by Field Ambulances and fighting units from
April 1916, to February 1917. La
, which lay between the villages of La Herliere and Larbret. It was used
from June 1916 to January 1917, by Field Ambulances and fighting units,
and contained 13 British graves. The cemetery now contains 1,266
Commonwealth burials of the First World War. There are also 29 German and
two French war graves. The cemetery was designed by Charles Holden.
Warlincourt and Saulty are villages on either
side of the main road (N25) between
(22 kilometres) and Doullens (13 kilometres).
is situated just off the north side of the road. Large signs clearly
indicate access 200 metres before the site coming from either direction.
[Courtesy of the Commonwealth War Graves Commission]